Kanye West speaks through new, colorful clothing line

With winter slowly coming to a close, everyone is getting ready for the next season: not spring, but Kanye West’s Yeezy Season 3 fashion collection that debuted last Thursday at Madison Square Garden in New York City. His Adidas collection not only showed off his latest clothing line, but his latest album titled The Life of Pablo. The 38-year-old rapper turned fashion designer showed gratitude to Adidas, the guest stars on the album and his family for supporting him in his bold career move.

The venue featured two raised platforms for plenty of remarkable models to stand on, such as English model Naomi Campbell and Ethiopian model Liya Kebede, while 1,200 extras stood in the pit underneath. The new looks, although similar to the previous Yeezy Season 2 collection, provide fans with a colorful sensation as splashes of maroon, orange, rose and yellow were interspersed in the show, especially in the new Yeezy Boost 350 shoes with side stripes.

The Yeezy Boost 350 has been spotted on celebrities and West’s close friends such as The Weeknd and Tyga, not to mention the entire Kardashian-Jenner family, who are in support of his transition into the fashion industry. Just last year the remarkable sneaker label was named the “Shoe of the Year” at the 29th Footwear News Annual Achievement Awards ceremony.

According to GQ magazine, West’s acceptance speech spoke about what it means to be an artist: “As a creator, it doesn’t matter how big your house is, how big your name is, how much money you have, your job is to create while you’re here and if anyone is in the way of that, if anything gets in the way of that, you got to burn it to the f–ing ground.”

Aside from the iconic shoes, which are promised to be sold at a lower price, both menswear and womenswear emphasize the classic muted color scheme of black, gray, beige, cream and olive green while promoting  warmer tones. The vibrancy of West’s collection illustrates the passion he has for both his musical and stylistic work. With the highly anticipated release of The Life of Pablo, he is ready to claim 2016 as the “Year of Yeezy.”

Yeezy Season 3 presented an almost entirely black cast of models that highlighted some of the cooler tones in the collection, whereas Yeezy Season 2 featured a predominantly white cast of models who were camouflaged within the nude pieces of the line, not to mention the actual camouflaged patterns from both seasons.

The shapeless cut of the men’s collection paired with the slim fit of the women’s line emulate West’s own effortless style. Despite his exquisite taste, Yeezy Season 3 deviates from cliché luxe attire and promotes a brand that is simple, yet distressed in telling the story of the creator. In consideration of his unconventional upbringing, the latest collection discloses what the world assumed West to be as a college dropout: ragged and unkempt. However, The College Dropout singer is making a name for himself through this aesthetic that represents who West is today as an artist in both the music and fashion industry: headstrong and confident.