Le Diner en Blanc returns to Los Angeles for third year

Photo from Diner en Blanc The art of fine dining · Guests will be able to experience the glamour and elegance of French high society, all in the presence of company from varying backgrounds in one of the nation’s most diverse cities.

Photo from Diner en Blanc
The art of fine dining · Guests will be able to experience the glamour and elegance of French high society, all in the presence of company from varying backgrounds in one of the nation’s most diverse cities.

On Nov. 4, Los Angeles will host its third annual Diner en Blanc. The magical dinner party, where attendees must dress in all white, takes place in a public location that is not revealed until just minutes prior to the dinner. The past two L.A. dinner locations were Rodeo Drive and Pershing Square. Over 2,000 guests are expected to attend this year’s Diner en Blanc, all anticipating an evening of elegance and amazement.

“We are so excited to be back in Los Angeles, a city that truly revels in beauty, one of a kind epicurean events and top tier culinary experiences,” said Annette Dalloo, the director of the Los Angeles Diner en Blanc. “Angelenos will not be disappointed by this year’s top-secret location as the backdrop for an evening filled with music, excitement and an amazing celebrity chef.”

After registering for the event, guests are assigned to an initial meeting location. There, they will be led by a Diner en Blanc volunteer to the actual dinner location, where groups from across the city will converge spectacularly at one of Los Angeles’s chic public spaces. The evening will be filled with food, celebration, music and dancing. The first Le Diner en Blanc of Los Angeles was held in 2013, yet the pop-up dinners began in France nearly three decades ago. Launched by chef Francois Pasquier with just a few friends in attendance, Le Diner en Blanc de Paris now hosts over 10,000 guest each year. Some of France’s most historic and prestigious sites have hosted the events, including the Eiffel Tower, the Chateau de Versailles and The Louvre Pyramid.

Guests must bring their own gourmet picnic basket, chairs, table and table setting. The table, chairs and tablecloth must be white, as per tradition. The picnic basket must be filled with fine food, white dinnerware and proper stemware. Nevertheless, a catered picnic basket option is available, ready to be picked up on site. The evening will be filled with traditional yet spectacular moments, such as the waving of a cloth napkin to commence dinner and the lighting of sparklers to signal that guests are free to mingle and dance. At the end of the evening, the sound of a trumpet indicates that guests should pack up all of their belongings, pick up their trash and vacate the location, leaving behind no trace of the night of festivity.

But the night does not end there — Diner en Blanc will host an after party at SPEAR Steak and Seafood. Tickets grant priority access to the after party, storage for picnic items and two drinks. The after party will run from 11 p.m. until 1:30 a.m. It will provide an opportunity to meet those who made the event possible as well as a space to continue to mingle with other guests, marking the conclusion of the the extraordinary evening.

For more information and to sign up for the waitlist, go to visitlosangeles.dinerenblanc.info.