NOTE: the weekly-frame-cover-img-container Grid Row block is HIDDEN on mobile devices and only visible on desktop; while the first actual photo and caption (below the intro) are HIDDEN on desktop and only visible on mobile devices.

A stroll through McCarthy Way. (Shruti Shakthivel / Daily Trojan)
THE WEEKLY FRAME — WEEK 12

Spring

Photos by SHRUTI SHAKTHIVEL & JOY WANG

Coming out of a very rainy winter, I wanted to capture the warmth, community, and greenery of campus as spring sets in. The best places to do that were the lawns around campus that people gathered to read, rest, and relax with friends.

On Wednesday, McCarthy Quad was set up for the freshmen to celebrate their first year on campus. They had an In-N-Out Burger truck, kettle corn, and plenty of seating around to enjoy the warmer air and reflect on the first year of their long four-year college journey.

Spring is also the time of graduation! Once golden hour starts to set in around 4:30 p.m., you can find seniors around campus dressed in white to take photos they’ll keep in their family homes for years to come.
I hope these photos inspire everyone to get outside, bask in the sun and soak up the final moments of the year before we all head our separate ways.

Shruti Shakthivel

Staff Photographer
A stroll through McCarthy Way.
Lounging in front of Doheny Memorial Library.
Studying in nature.

Although L.A. doesn’t experience drastic seasonal changes, it is still obvious when springtime arrives. The days become longer, and the campus comes alive with vibrant green hues and blossoming flowers. Whether it be hanging out with friends, studying, or playing spikeball everyone comes out to soak in the sun. It’s rejuvenating to see the entire mood of the campus lift with the arrival of spring, and I hope I captured this through my photos.

Joy Wang

Staff Photographer
Springtime serenity.
Cruisin’ through McCarthy Quad.
SCuirrel.