The following incidents were reported in the USC Department of Public Safety crime/incident summary between Friday, Sept. 18 and Sunday, Sept. 20.
Crimes against a person
– On Sept. 18 at 4 a.m. a student reported receiving numerous unwanted text messages from another student and further stated that, on one occasion, he entered her apartment without permission while she was napping.
Crimes against property
– On Sept. 20 at 11:55 a.m. officers monitoring surveillance cameras at Pertusati University Bookstore observed a student pick up a book and place it in a backpack. The officers detained the student when he exited the store without paying for the book and he was taken into custody by DPS officers. The student was allowed to pay for the book, and the matter was referred to Judicial Affairs.
– On Sept. 19 between 3 a.m. and 4:30 a.m. a suspect entered an unsecured room at Alpha Kappa Psi, and removed an unattended laptop computer, a video game console and a cellular phone.
– On Sept. 18 at 5:30 p.m. DPS officers responded to a report of a suspect riding a bicycle while carrying a second one at 29th Street and detained him for investigation. The officers determined that the suspect was the owner of the bikes, but while they were conducting their investigation they found him in possession of an open container of beer that was concealed in his backpack. The officers then arrested, cited and released the suspect.
– On Sept. 19 between 4 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. two non-USC females reported that they discovered their friend missing when they woke up at Pacific Apartments, where they were visiting. The friend could not be located during a search of the area by DPS officers, but a check with campus security at her school revealed that she had returned to her dorm unharmed.