DPS Crime Report: Halloween Edition

While you were busy dancing under strobe lights at the Shrine or wondering if the kid dressed up like the Pope was in your photography class, here’s what you missed this weekend, according to the Department of Public Safety’s crime report.

• On Oct. 30 at 9:37 a.m., it was reported that someone had removed 50 trash cans from Parking Structure D.
  • On Oct. 30 at 11:36 p.m., DPS officers detained an intoxicated non-USC male who sustained a cut above his eye while he was trying to climb up to a third floor balcony at Troy Hall. An RA unit was requested to treat the man, but he declined medical treatment and was released to seek it on his own.
  • On Oct. 31 at 2:54 a.m., a suspect threw a rock at a DPS vehicle parked at Hoover and 29th streets, shattering the driver’s side window. He then fled on foot, only to be detained by DPS officers who were conducting a traffic investigation at the scene. The suspect was detained and transported to the 77th Station, where he was arrested and booked.
  • On Oct. 31 at 11:07 p.m., DPS officers and LAFD Unit 15 responded to a fire alarm activation at the Sigma Chi fraternity house. No smoke or fire was found, and it was determined the alarm was set off by a fog machine at the location.