Oh Romeo wherefore art thou Romeo

For the record, I would like to formally apologize to Percy ‘Lil’ Romeo’ Miller and those who read my last article entitled “It’s a wrap for Romeo.”

Much to my chagrin and that of countless other reports made from reputable websites like ESPNLosAngeles.com and AllHipHop.com, which claimed the sophomore point guard was no longer a member of USC Basketball, it appears the rap artist/student athlete is still a presence on the team.

According to a Monday blog posted on LATimes.com, Miller insists that he has not been kicked off the team, despite the proverbial coffin that reporters such as myself had previously dug for him over the past few days.

It seems that Miller is currently out for an AC joint sprain in his left shoulder and his absence from practice, road games, and other functions have solely been a result of his injury.

“Not my statement at all,” Miller told The Times in regard to the statement released on AllHipHop.com. “If it wasn’t for my injury, I’d be out there practicing and playing. I love this team. I won’t quit this team. These are like my brothers.”

The highly publicized third-string point guard also assured his fans and concerned student admirers that he has only done one interview since the season began and that his MySpace.com page is the place to get the most accurate information regarding his day-to-day activities.

Miller, who has scored as many points this season as articles written about him on our website (2), also refuted the statement regarding an upcoming album set to hit stores on Aug. 10.

So again, to those who were forced to trudge through my last article on the departure of a Trojan great, my apologies on a poor job of reporting.

But as Romeo said in one of his famous songs from 2001, in the end “we can make it right.”

1. Will
    Will says:

“For the record, I would like to formally apologize to Percy ‘Lil’ Romeo’ Miller and those who read my last article entitled ‘It’s a wrap for Romeo.'”

Don’t worry. I don’t think that’s too many.