Latwan Anderson rules out USC

After speaking with his mother, Glenville High School senior safety Latwan Anderson has decided to cancel his official visit to USC Thursday and narrowed down his choices to two other colleges.

The Senate Athletic League’s Most Valuable Player from Cleveland is now deciding between West Virginia and Miami.

“This is beginning to wear on me and I just want to get this over with,” Anderson told the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

Anderson, who is 6 feet tall and weighs 195 pounds, gave a verbal commitment to WVU at the U.S. Army All-American Bowl in January, but delayed signing with the school so that he could visit USC before making his final decision.

“I’m disappointed with how the USC thing ended up, but I understand how my mom feels,” Anderson said. “We have family in Florida and if I choose Miami, they’ll be able to see me play more often than if I was in California.”

After transferring from St. Edward High School in 2009, Anderson played one season in Glenville where he recorded 45 tackles, three sacks, broke up five passes and made 11 interceptions.

Anderson, who called Miami and scheduled an official visit for this weekend after deciding against flying out to USC, hopes to make a decision sometime in the next two weeks.

He ranks as the 15th best player in the nation among all positions according to Rivals.com.