Obama coming to Expo Park

President Barack Obama will be in Los Angeles today to help raise money for Sen. Barbara Boxer’s re-election campaign, in a race which is already shaping up to be a tough battle.

Obama will attend a fundraiser at Exposition Park, right across the street from campus, a reception at the California Science Museum and a dinner at the Natural History Museum.

Tickets to the reception cost between $250 and $2,500 and entrance to the dinner costs $35,200 per couple.

Boxer and the Democratic National Committee will divide the proceeds, which are expected to reach $3.5 million.

The President will arrive by helicopter, but several sections of Figueroa Street, Exposition Boulevard and Flower Street will still be closed from 5:15 p.m. to 9:15 p.m.

The visit will cause problems for USC Transportation, which has issued warnings about increased traffic and road closures near campus. Transportation services including Campus Cruiser and USC Tram service will be limited during the evening.

According to the Los Angeles Independent, several anti-war groups will also be at the site to protest U.S. Presence in Iraq and Afghanistan, and to show support for Obama’s decision to remove all troops from Iraq by 2011. In attendance as well will be members of March Forward!, an anti-war group comprised of veterans and active duty service members.