Food venues opening in campus center

As hundreds of newly admitted students for the freshman class of 2014 flood USC this week for one of several orientations held throughout the summer, they won’t be bringing their brand new USCards to a big white tent.

Working on it · Construction still cases the campus center and much of Trousdale Parkway, though the campus center has seen a fair bit of traffic since it opened its doors in June. Many prospective students availed themselves of the two available restaurants in the food court this week, as another orientation session brought many admitted students to campus. - Dieuwertje Kast | Summer Troja

Ronald Tutor Campus Center opened two of its restaurants this week for business — Wahoo’s Fish Taco, moving from its previous location at Café 84, and Carl’s Jr., which operated out of The Lot up until the tent’s closure last month. Also slated to open its counters later this week is Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf.

The rest of the nine restaurants and cafes that will be operating out of the campus center will also open for business in the next two months, with training periods for its staff beginning up to two weeks before.

California Pizza Kitchen, Panda Express and Seeds Marketplace will begin accepting student business in July; August will bring newcomers Lemonade and Moreton Fig officially to campus, as well as reintroduce USC’s 23-year-old bar, Traditions, into the student perview.

Though construction still lines Trousdale Parkway, Trojan Hospitality began the process of moving student organizations and commercial outlets June 1. The campus center will also house the offices of the Alumni Center, Graduate and Professional Student Senate, the SCheduling Office, Admission Center, Undergraduate Student Government, KSCR radio station and Program Board, among others.

1. Harish
    Harish says:

No Indian (East-Indian) food joints? I remember reading some USC department’s annual report that says that there are ~1500 Indian students in the campus…….add to this those localites whod like to have indian food

2. Katie
    Katie says:

So the lot is closed and the campus center is (supposedly) open, but only from 7-3 M-F? Is there any way to get in outside of those hours? All the entrances are sitll blocked off