Recapping the 62nd Emmy Awards

Sunday night television received a boost with the appearance of A-list Hollywood celebrities at the 62nd Emmy Awards. The night was hosted by comic and actor Jimmy Fallon and took place close to the USC Campus at the Nokia Theatre in L.A. Live.

In the barrage of jokes and wardrobe analysis, did your favorite show or star take home an award?

Jim Parsons took home the award for outstanding lead actor in a comedy for his character Sheldon Cooper in CBS’ The Big Bang Theory, beating out OCD-portraying Tony Shalhoub from Monk and comedic actors Steve Carrell and Alec Baldwin for their roles in The Office and 30 Rock, respectively.

The dame who received this high honor was the short-haired Edie Falco, for her role as Jackie Peyton in  Showtime’s Nurse Jackie. The actress also beat a pair of hardened veterans, the ever-popular Amy Poehler and Tina Fey for their roles in Parks and Recreation and 30 Rock, respectively.

For those of you who welcome drama, a variety of actors and actresses were nominated for these awards.

Former Malcolm in the Middle dad Bryan Cranston won the award for Oustanding Lead Actor award in a drama with his stellar performance in AMC’s groundbreaking series Breaking Bad, beating out stars Hugh Laurie of House and Michael C. Hall of Dexter.

USC alum Kyra Sedgwick took home the award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a drama for her role as a powerhouse Deputy Chief Brenda Johnson in TNT’s the Closer. Other nominees included Mad Men star January Jones and classic Damages actress Glenn Close.

The biggest awards of the night were of course the award given to a series as a whole.

Oustanding Comedy Series went to ABC’s unique Modern Family while Outstanding Drama Series went to hit show Mad Men.

The Emmy’s covered everything from Oustanding Choreography, which went to So You Think You Can Dance for some of its routines, to Outstanding Original Main Title Theme Music, which was snagged by Nurse Jackie.

To see additional award winners as well as photos and videos, visit www.emmys.com.