In Theaters Today for the week of Sept. 24

Week of Sept. 24

Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole

Rated PG
Zack Snyder, the mastermind behind the massively successful 300 and last year’s faithful adaptation of the quintessential graphic novel, Watchmen, has decided to steer his career into uncharted waters with his latest offering, a computer-animated children’s movie about owls. The island of Ga’Hoole is the site of an evil plan to kidnap and brainwash young owls into a military mindset. Young owl Soren must escape from Ga’Hoole and gather an army to fight back. Audiences can expect a visual tour-de-force from Snyder’s first venture into animation.

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps

Rated R
Michael Douglas returns to portray corporate raider Gordon Gekko, a role that earned him his first and only Oscar win for Best Actor for this sequel’s 1987 predecessor, Wall Street. Douglas stars alongside actual off-screen couple Shia Labeouf and Carey Mulligan in this tale of greed, decadence and revenge. This time around, director Oliver Stone focuses his ever-critical eye on the current financial crisis and presents a long-awaited sequel with striking relevance.

Buried

Rated R
A U.S. contractor working in Iraq suffers a brutal attack only to awake to find himself six-feet-under and locked inside a coffin with only a lighter and cell phone. Using this simple concept, Spanish filmmaker Rodrigo Cortés creates a truly unique, pulse-pounding and claustrophobic thriller. Hitchcock would surely be proud.

You Again

Rated PG
Hilarity ensues when old high school rivals clash once again in this star-studded comedy. The beloved Betty White flexes her comedic muscles alongside Jamie Lee Curtis, Sigourney Weaver, Kristen Bell and Kristin Chenoweth.