The Sing-Off announces a winner

Christmas costumes and even a performance from Nick Lachey highlighted Monday’s finale show, in which contestants were able to perform with the likes of Sara Bareilles before finding out whether or not they won the competition.

NBC's The Sing Off united Trojans and Bruins in an a cappella supergroup called The BackBeats.

Along with sporadic performances from the judges themselves – Shawn Stockman of Boyz II Men, 98 degrees singer Nick Lachey, and Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger – each group got a chance to show why there were in the competition. Competitors Committed and Street Corner Symphony teamed up with Neil Diamond to sing “Ain’t No Sunshine” while Jerry Lawson & Talk of the Town took on the ever-inspirational “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough.” Sara Bareilles shared her track “King of Anything” from her recent album with the Backbeats, the group comprised of students from USC, UCLA, and BYU.

After a solid amount of performances, the results finally came in.

The first two groups were eliminated, leaving Street Corner Symphony and Committed vying for first place. In the end, the grand prize of $100,000 and a contract with Sony Music Recording went to Committed, the Alabama group specializing in gospel music.

The show highlights a new craze with Glee-like groups and will surely continue at to at least spur some curiosity about the world of a capella singing.

Visit the show’s official website http://www.nbc.com/sing-off/.