Trojans pick up four-star offensive lineman commit

Four-star offensive lineman Cyrus Hobbi (Scottsdale, Ariz.), the nation’s top guard prospect according to ESPN, announced his commitment to USC during a Friday afternoon press conference held at Saguargo High School and televised regionally on Fox Sports Arizona.

“I’ll be attending the University of Southern California,” Hobbi said in a story published on USCFootball.com. “It was a very difficult decision with all of the schools I had to choose from.”

Hobbi had been deliberating between USC, and Arizona State and UCLA.

“I was very impressed with all of the coaches and I had a great time meeting everybody, but at the end of the day going out there to USC,” Hobbi said in the same story. “I knew it was the place for me. Walking out to the Coliseum and seeing all of these great, great players I’m going to be playing with soon with the recruiting class they’re going to be getting … we’re going to be good in the next couple of years.”

With holes on the offensive line stemming from the departures of starters Kristofer O’Dowd, Butch Lewis and Tyron Smith, Hobbi is expected to compete for a starting spot immediately.

“We’re going to start winning games. I’m very confident and very excited in my decision to go to USC.”

1. Steve
    Steve says:

John must be a Duck graduate. Doesn’t know the difference between THREW and THROUGH. Oregon also throws money at their recruits…. it;s called scholarships. Note that Oregon was not in the mix of schools beng considerred.