Sills receives scholarship offer from Auburn

14-year-old quarterback prospect David Sills, who committed to USC a year ago, received a scholarship offer from Auburn recently, his personal coach Steve Clarkson told Eric Sondheimer of the Los Angeles Times on Monday.

Since the age of 9, Sills, a native of Delaware, has trained with Clarkson, one of the country’s premier quarterback developers, who has tutored players such as Ohio State’s Terrelle Pryor and the Pittsburgh Steelers’ Ben Roethlisberger. Clarkson has also instructed former USC quarterbacks Matt Cassel and Matt Leinart, as well as current Trojan signal caller Matt Barkley.

Despite Sills’ young age, Clarkson has continued to insist that the now-14-year-old is on track to match or even better the success of his predecessors.

“His skill set is off the chart,” Clarkson told reporters last February. “I’ve never seen anyone at his age do what he’s been able to do. He’s already six feet as a 13-year old,” Clarkson said. “And he’s breaking down NFL footage.”

The commitment between Sills and USC is nonbinding until he signs a letter of intent, which he is not eligible to do so until February 2015. And yes, that’d be 2015.

1. Jeff
    Jeff says:

Oh please and academics matter and USC… keep telling that to all the fake gang banger convict student athletes that could only make it into a football factory. What is the graduation rate for football players at USC.. Ummmm a big 54% hahaha yeah academics matter alright! way to go SO CAL and your high standards. You guys wouldnt welcome any of these kids around your v-neck sweaters or white table cloths any other day but saturday and you know it