Blink-182 reschedules tour, upsets fans

Blink-182 announced that it has been working on its new record since they reformed in February of 2009. Since then, the band has complete one tour of the United States, and European fans were expecting to get to see the band this summer.

The band announced Monday, however, that it will  be cancelling the tour because the recording of the album was not going as planned.

In a statement on the band’s website, it declared “When we booked the tour last year, we were confident that we would have the new album out before the Summer. Turns out we were mistaken as the album is taking longer than we thought and won’t be out till later this year.”

With bassist Mark Hoppus hosting his own television show on Fuse, Tom Delonge fronting the arena rock band Angels & Airwaves and Travis Barker working on and touring in support of his solo project, it is no surprise that the band has not been able to complete the new album.

Nonetheless, fans are upset at the lack of effort the band seems to be putting forth. Users on the website absolutepunk.net feel the band’s hearts are not in making music for Blink-182 and are instead focusing on their side projects. The band has yet to release new material since its reunion.

Bliink-182 has rescheduled the tour dates for the summer of 2012 and is promising to perform new material whenever it decides to tour.