Sanya provides affordable, delicious Korean BBQ

College students enjoy having a multitude of options when it comes to dining, but it is can be hard to find affordable dining ins Los Angeles. Venues have to meet the criteria of being close by, inexpensive expensive and worth the money in the deliciousness meter.

Fortunately, there are many options only a few minutes away from USC. One of the most popular places is all-you-can-eat Korean barbecue restaurant Sanya, located on Olympic Boulevard in Koreatown that will easily fill college student’s stomach for $10.

Sanya might seem oddly situated, with a small parking lot and strange yellow decorations, but do not be fooled by the appearance.

Sanya provides an unlimited number of side dishes ranging from traditional kimchi to mashed potatoes. The best part is the rice paper used to wrap beef and salad in. The paper will run out fast, because it is more creative and scrumptious than eating beef with traditional rice, which is also unlimited.

$9.99 will provide at least five different meats to choose from, such as everyone’s favorite bulgogi (marinated beef), beef brisket, pork belly, marinated pork and marinated chicken. $16.99 will offer more adventurous meats, such as beef tongue, and more marinated options, such as spicy marinated pork and intestine.

The meat is delicious considering its economic price. The bulgogi is tender, marinated with the right combination of sweet and salty. Even the chicken was soft, and not stringy like some other Korean barbecue restaurants.

The service is excellent. Most of the waiters were attentive to the customers, and once the plate of meats were done cooking, they came to ask us if we wanted more. The waiters also frequently came to change the grill so the remnants of the marinated sauce would not burn onto the next meat being grilled. Remember to not be shy to ask for more side dishes or more meats.

I would give Sanya a rating of 7 out 10. It is affordable and delicious, perfect for college students!