He Is We and Owl City collaborate for a new breed of love song

Indie pop duo He Is We has a knack for turning meaningful narratives into love songs. The band released its newest single, “All About Us,” featuring Owl City last week.

The video for “All About Us” unfolds like a suspenseful romance. It begins with a couple enjoying a sunny day in the woods, but flashes in and out to clips of the girl sitting in a doctor’s office.

Viewers are left to wonder if the girl’s visit to the doctor is a happy or tragic event. When the climax of the story is reached, it is clear that something is wrong. Throughout the song, the words “all about us” keep the focus on the couple and go well with the flashbacks to happier times.

When the bad news is revealed at the end of video, viewers might get a little teary-eyed, but the love between the couple remains intact nonetheless.

A line from the chorus, “every heart in the room will melt,” is appropriate for a video that accomplishes just that.

He Is We is holding an “All About Us” cover art contest allowing fans to use photos of themselves and a person or thing they love. Winners will have the chance to win posters, shirts and more.

Look out for He Is We this fall on the Rise and Fall of My Pants Tour, with All Time Low, The Ready Set and Paradise Fears.