USC teams with Marvel Entertainment in new merchandising deal

USC’s bookstore merchandise and online items will be getting a new look starting in late September, thanks to a new licensing deal between the university and Marvel Entertainment.

The new line of superhero-inspired merchandise will feature apparel and hats for adults, children and infants. Fans can now combine superheroes with sports and select their Trojan gear from various designs showcasing Marvel’s most recognizable heroes.

The comic enterprise is partnering with USC through Silver Star Merchandising — the apparel merchandiser for the Dallas Cowboys — to create a line of co-branded clothing that pairs Marvel’s most legendary heroes, such as Captain America, the Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor and Wolverine, with USC’s colors and logos. The merchandise will be available in the USC bookstore, online and in mass and sporting good retailers.

The new deal comes on the heels of USC’s most recent vendor change. Silver Star Merchandising and USC signed a 10-year contract in May, giving the retailer sole rights to manufacture, license and distribute sports apparel at USC’s sporting events and athletic venues, in addition to other mass-market retail channels.

According to Marvel Entertainment, “The collection combines one of the most recognizable athletic programs in the nation with some of the most popular Marvel Super Heroes of all-time including Captain America, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk and Wolverine…the collection will feature your favorite Super Heroes in USC’s school colors of Cardinal and Gold, along with its Trojan mascot and logos.”