Haute Highlights

Odd Future at The Palladium

The nihilistic, hip-hop collective Odd Future will be making its way to The Hollywood Palladium tonight as part of its Golf Wang concert tour.

Known for its controversial lyrics, dark subject matters and edgy producing, Odd Future has garnered more attention and hype over the past few years. Though the collective — which is full of talented and audacious artists — is young, the crew has proven to be fearless in the face of the media and its hip-hop competition, meeting the expectations that come hand-in-hand with hip-hop hype.

Odd Future has also proven its ability to put on highly energetic and free-wheelingly reckless shows — as seen in its famous Jimmy Fallon and MTVu Woodies appearances. Odd Future’s members, including front man Tyler, the Creator, who recently won Best New Artist at the MTV VMAs; rappers Hodgy Beats, Domo Genesis and Mike G; producers Left Brain, Syd the Kyd and Matt Martians; and singer Frank Ocean are guaranteed to put on an enthralling show that will leave audience members speechless.

Be sure to pick up tickets while they are still available at LiveNation.com.  The show tomorrow is at The Hollywood Palladium at 8:00 p.m.

Jane Lynch & Adam Scott at Club Nokia

World-renowned character actress Jane Lynch will visit Club Nokia Sunday, courtesy of Live Talks Los Angeles. Lynch will be joining Parks And Recreation star Adam Scott to discuss her new memoir Happy Accidents.

Lynch slowly climbed the comedic latter to stardom, starting with commercials and short-but-notable roles in films such as The 40-Year Old Virgin and Talladega Nights but has recently landed in a powerhouse position with her most acclaimed role as Glee’s Sue Sylvester.

Lynch’s memoir details her unlikely but hilarious path to comedic popularity through a series of literal accidents and chance encounters, like a meeting at a coffee shop that led to Lynch’s riotous role as a lesbian dog trainer in Christopher Guest’s mockumentary Best in Show.

If you’re a fan of Lynch, and want to know more about her road to success — or her new memoir — be sure to check out ticket prices at events.la.com.

L.A. Oktoberfest

Wunderbar! L.A. Oktoberfest is finally here and it is back with a bang.

The event will feature a range of German beer, from Weltenburg Hefeweizen to Barock Dunkel, wines such as Neumeicter gruber and Schmitt’s Kinder and traditional food like sauerkraut and an assortment of sausages.

There will even be live entertainment including cover bands ranging in genre from R&B and classic rock to new wave and alternative. Yes, they will be cover bands, but with a few of those traditional German beers in your system, they’ll be just as good as the originals.

As an added incentive, beer maidens will be sprinkled throughout the festival, traditional garb and accents in tow.

Events begin this Saturday, Oct. 1, and run through the rest of the month, but tickets are selling out quickly so grab your credit card, put on your lederhosen, channel your inner German and prepare for a uniquely cultural experience.

A Revolutionary Project: Cuba from Walker Evans to Now 

The culturally infused photography of “A Revolutionary Project: Cuba from Walker Evans to Now,” currently on display at the J. Paul Getty Museum, focuses on the events surrounding the 1959 Cuban Revolution.

Walker Evans’s 1933 works are interestingly juxtaposed against the pieces of contemporary photographers like Virginia Beahan and Alexey Titarenko, demonstrating the similarities and differences between old and modern Cuba and the shifting perspectives toward the country.

One notable segment includes a selection of photographs looking out through the world-famous Cuban cars, allowing viewers to get the perspective of the driver and fully immerse themselves in the setting of the work.

Other interesting pieces, for example, explore raw, human emotion through up-close and personal portraits of prostitutes. The infamous and fascinating Che Guevera and even Fidel Castro himself make appearances in a majority of the works, as well.

With its cultural insight and interesting perspectives on the intriguing history of Cuba and its inhabitants, “A Revolutionary Project” is not one to be missed. Catch a little glimpse of Cuba before this enticing and culturally insightful exhibition leaves this Sunday.