Lady Gaga announces new tour

This week, Lady Gaga has unveiled sensitive details concerning her upcoming Born This Way Ball, an international tour that will span over the globe. On her official website, Gaga describes the Born This Way Ball as “an electro-metal pop-opera; the tale of the beginning, the genesis of the kingdom of fame. How we were birthed and how we will die celebrating.

Sure, it sounds over-the-top, but does anyone expect anything less from the Mother Monster?

Gaga has reached for the stars with her upcoming tour, as shown by the sketch of the stage design she released on February 7th. The sketch depicts a monumental and highly detailed castle that includes a catwalk that will stretch into the audience. In addition to the elaborate stage, some of the little monsters will find themselves cheering for Lady Gaga in an area called the Monster Pit. Gaga worked on the stage conception for months and like her Monster Ball tour, which was complete with its own theme, the Born This Way Ball will have its own as well.

In addition to the revealed stage design, on Feb. 8th, Gaga released the first 11 tour dates on her official website. The first concert will be held in Seoul, South Korea on Apr. 27th, and will kick off the entire tour, which will extend all the way into 2013. The following 10 shows will take place at venues in Hong Kong, Tokyo, Singapore, New Zealand and Australia, but Lady Gaga fans who live in countries and continents aside from the aforementioned have nothing to fear since the Born This Way tour will ultimately consist of 110 worldwide shows, hitting both old and new places.

Gaga will perform a number of shows in regions she has never performed in before such as Southeast Asia and South America. And for little monsters at USC, there’s little doubt she will return to Los Angeles.