Ashley Corral wins 3-point competition

Though her career with the Women of Troy is over, USC senior guard Ashley Corral has not stopped stroking the three ball.

Corral claimed the State Farm College 3-Point Championship among a field of eight competitors at the Final Four in New Orleans on Thursday.

As USC’s all-time leader in 3-pointers made, Corral fought through three rounds en route to a 20-11 victory over Louisville’s Becky Burke in the final round on live television.

Sharp shooter · Senior guard Ashley Corral is USC’s all-time leader in 3-point baskets made in USC history, with 292 in the book. - Chris Pham | Daily Trojan

In the championship round, Corral nailed four of five shots in the last rack to tie her first round score of 20.

She was visibly pumped up throughout the competition, yelling “Let’s go!” to the buzzing crowd after hitting eight of her last 10 shots in the first round.

After taking the women’s crown, Corral took on the men’s champion, John Shurna of Northwestern. Shurna came out on top, 24-14.

At USC, Corral has 292 career 3-pointers in the book, which is the  most all-time at USC and second all-time in the Pac-12 Conference.

She also has 466 assists, good for third all-time with the Women of Troy.

After averaging a team-high 12.7 points per game in conference play and hitting 69 shots from beyond the arc, Corral was selected to the All-Pac-12 team for the third consecutive year.

Despite holding the third seed in the conference, the Women of Troy fell to Washington State in the first round of the Pac-12 tournament and missed the cut for the NCAA Tournament and the Women’s National Invitation Tournament this year.