Alumna named as new director of alumni engagement

The Rossier School of Education announced last week the appointment of Rossier alumna Kalim Rayburn as the new director of alumni engagement in the Office of External Relations.

Rayburn will serve as the manager of career placement and development and will create new ways for alumni to connect with Rossier’s 15,000 alumni. She will also work to enhance external partnerships that help students in their employment search.

Anne Wicks, the associate dean of external relations, said the new position will greatly benefit Rossier.

“There has been a hole in this department for quite a while, and this is a terrific time to fill it,” Wicks said.

Enrollment at Rossier has grown significantly over the last several years, especially in the Master of Arts in Teaching degree program, Wicks said.

“With an ever growing alumni population, we want to make sure we can connect and serve all of our alumni past graduation,” Wicks said.

Before Rayburn’s position was created, Wicks said students used the Career Center for guidance on placement after graduation.

“Dr. Rayburn has terrific entrepreneurial spirit, and having graduated from Rossier last year, she understands the school, programs, faculty and what can best help the alumnus, and she has experience in building, launching and executing successful programs,” Wicks said.