HAUTE HIGHLIGHTS

The Port of Los Angeles Lobster Festival

Friday, Sept. 14-Sunday, Sept.16 · Ports O’ Call Village, San Pedro

Cling to the end of summer at this three-day festival, which is essentially a massive lobster bake.

Fans of the crustacean will surely have no issue filling their bellies with the $19 Maine lobster meal deal. And the especially hungry can opt for a $32 two-lobster option.

Festivities continue with a music roster featuring local up-and-comers and indie faves like Saint Motel and Dum Dum Girls.

And should you start seeing flame-wielding pirates, you’re not experiencing a case of bad shellfish. Pirate performances will be occurring throughout the weekend.

Fiona Apple

Friday, Sept. 14 at 7:30 p.m. · The Greek Theatre

A week after big-name music events like FYF and the MTV Movie Awards, Fiona Apple lands Downtown at the Greek Theatre.

Fans of Apple will realize this is her first album tour in six years, but even for those unfamiliar with the baroque pop/jazz artist, the concert should prove enjoyable. Apple plans to regale audiences with songs from her new album The Idler Wheel…, which features the new, chart-topping single “Every Single Night.”

In addition, Blake Mills, known for his subtle but memorable guitar stylings, will open for Apple before joining her backup band, which is sure to give the concert coherence.

If you don’t mind shelling out some cash to hear some great music (ticket prices start at $35), Fiona Apple is sure to dazzle Friday night.

Aziz Ansari

Thursday, Sept. 13-Friday, Sept. 14 at 7 p.m. · The Orpheum Theatre

Need a little laughter to celebrate the end of your first exam? Check out comedian Aziz Ansari at the Orpheum Theatre on Thursday night.

Though most will recognize him as the star of the show Parks & Recreation on NBC, Ansari has also made appearances in the film Funny People and the music video for “Otis” by Kanye West and Jay-Z.

Ansari’s current stand-up tour, Buried Alive, features all new material. If you’re in the mood for clean humor — foul language is unavoidable — Ansari typically keeps away from “race jokes,” preferring instead to make cracks about dating, his family and Hollywood life.

Tickets range from $25-45, but a few laughs to help you wind down are priceless.

‘Step Brothers’

Sunday, Sept. 16th 11 a.m.-6 p.m. · Gallery 1988, Venice

Do you incorporate quotes from the Will Ferrell comedy Step Brothers into everyday conversation? If so, get thee to Gallery 1988’s “Step Brothers” exhibit.

Gallery 1988, which specializes in geeky pop-culture art, has collected roughly 50 artists’ works dedicated to the film. While sketches of John C. Reilly won’t compare to the pieces by impressionist masters elsewhere in the city, the viewing experience should still be every bit as unforgettable.

The exhibit will stick around until Sept. 22, but you can already start thinking about where you’d most like to stamp a temporary “Step Brothers” tattoo. Those are promised to be on hand Sunday.