USC tumbles in latest BCS standings

The USC Trojans fell to No. 17 in the latest BCS standings following the team’s 39-36 loss to Arizona on Saturday.

The Trojans entered their matchup against the Wildcats as 6.5 point favorites, but blew a 28-13 third quarter lead and were unable to convert on a last-second Hail Mary attempt.

In the loss, wide receiver Marqise Lee accumulated a school record 345 yards to go with two touchdowns.

USC also tumbled in the newest editions of the Associated Press poll and USA Today coaches’ poll. They now sit at No. 18 and No. 17, respectively.

Oregon remains the class of the Pac-12 at the No. 4 spot in the BCS, behind Notre Dame, Kansas State and Alabama. Oregon State dropped to No. 11 after losing their first game of the season to Washington, and Stanford moved up to No. 14 despite narrowly defeating the Washington State Cougars. Arizona entered the fray at No. 22 in large part due to their upset victory over USC. They are the only three-loss team in the BCS.

UCLA also made an appearance in the AP poll at No. 25 thanks to a last second 45-43 victory over Arizona State.

The Trojans’ national title hopes are no more with their loss, but they still have a chance to move back up the rankings with an upcoming matchup against the Oregon Ducks on Saturday.