Trojans fall to No. 19 in BCS standings

Following a 62-51 loss on Saturday to No. 3 Oregon, the USC Trojans have dropped to No. 19 in the most recent BCS standings.

The Trojans fought hard in the highly anticipated Pac-12 showdown, but were simply unable to contain the highly explosive Oregon offensive attack, surrendering over 730 yards to the Ducks.

For the second consecutive week, junior receiver Marqise Lee put up big numbers, registering two touchdowns to go along with 408 all-purpose yards. Freshman receiver Nelson Agholor also had a large impact in the game, scoring his first touchdown of the season to cap off a performance in which he accumulated 162 yards receiving, more than half of his season total.

The Trojans also plummeted in both the Associated Press top 25 poll as well as the USA Today coaches’ poll, dropping to No. 21 and No. 22 respectively.

The Pac-12 as a whole has four teams, USC included, currently ranked in the BCS. With the victory over the Trojans, Oregon moved up one spot to No. 3, ahead of Notre Dame. Following a 66-10 dismantling of Arizona, UCLA re-entered the top 25 and now sits one spot ahead of the Trojans at No. 18. In two weeks, the crosstown rivals will face off with bowl implications in a battle for the lead atop the Pac-12 South. Finally, with its shutout victory over Colorado, Stanford remained steady for the second consecutive week and is ranked No. 14 in the BCS standings.

The Trojans return to the field Saturday at the Coliseum against the Arizona State Sun Devils for USC’s homecoming game.