Haute Highlights

Lunar New Year Festival

Pacific Asia Museum

Saturday, Feb. 2 — 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Ring in the Lunar New Year with family and friends at this multicultural festival. Be amazed by the lion dances and taekwondo demonstrations put on by local groups, or grab a bite to eat at gourmet food trucks such as India Jones and Mandoline Grill. Or, if you’re more creative, try your hand at lantern making or flower arranging. Whether it’s snacks or crafts, this festival offers something fun for just about everyone.

Southern California Pet Expo

Long Beach Convention & Entertainment center

Saturday, Feb. 2 — 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.

If you’re looking to give your dog something to howl about, the pet convention is coming to town. More than 100 pet-friendly exhibitors will be in attendance, ready to give your furry friend special treatment. Have an active pet? There is a costume contest open to all pets and doggie karaoke for more vocal canines. For those who don’t have pets, more than 150 pets will be available for adoption.

Los Angeles A Cappella Festival

Bovard Auditorium

Friday, Feb. 1-3

Love a cappella? This year, six a cappella groups, including two USC groups, the Trojan Men and Reverse Osmosis, will be taking the stage at the Los Angeles A Cappella Festival. This weekend of singing not only features performances from outstanding groups hailing from California, but also insightful lectures and workshops, as well as the festival’s headliners — The Sing-Off’s Delilah and MO5AIC.

The Color Run

Dodger Stadium

Saturday, Feb. 2 — the races begins at 9 a.m. and 2 p.m.

This run will literally have you seeing double rainbows. The Color Run is a 5-kilometer sensation that has attracted a range of runners from the casual jogger to the serious marathoner. Runners begin at the starting line wearing all white and finish at Dodger Stadium sporting every color in the rainbow — from Cardinals Red to Dodger Blue.