University Publications wins awards

University Publications, a department of Student Affairs that produces several publications about the university, won five awards from the Council for Advancement and Support of Education, which announced winners Monday.

USC won awards for its “I Am a Trojan” video, which played at orientation, and the “USC Financial Report 2011-12: New Beginnings,” which was produced by the Office of the University Comptroller and published by University Publications.

CASE, an international association for professionals in alumni relations, communications, development and marketing, includes more than 3,400 schools and nonprofits in 74 countries. USC competed against other institutions in CASE District VII, comprising western states.

USC won a silver award for its “I Am a Trojan” video and three silver for the “USC Financial Report 2011-12: New Beginnings,” recognizing individual photography, design for a multi-page publication and overall publication excellence in the president’s reports and annual reports category. The Financial Report, which was produced by and published in collaboration with University Relations, gained a bronze medal award for its cover design.

“We’re really excited because this is the most awards we’ve won in one year,” said University Publications Director Sue Vogl.

University Publications won four awards in 2011 and two in 2010. Vogl will accept the award on behalf of University Publications on March 2 in San Francisco at the annual CASE District VII Conference.