USC to host live mayoral debate at HSC

USC will team up with professional news outlets to co-host the live April 22 Los Angeles mayoral debate between contenders City Councilman Eric Garcetti and City Controller Wendy Greuel, media announced Tuesday.

The debate, to be held at the Louis B. Mayer Auditorium on the Health Sciences Campus, will air live from 7 to 8 p.m. on 89.3 KPCC-FM, NBC4 Southern California and NBC4’s Spanish-language partner Telemundo52.

NBC4 chief political reporter Conan Nolan is slated to moderate the debate, while  Sol Price School of Public Policy Dean Jack H. Knott and two political journalists from KPCC and Telemundo52 will pose questions to the candidates.

The debate will address a range of city issues including the budget, jobs, the economy, public safety and pension reform.

In a statement to USC News, NBC4 Southern California News Vice President Todd Mokhtari expressed excitement about broadcasting the debate across Southern California.

“NBC4 is bringing this debate and critical city issues directly to our viewers to help them make an informed decision on Election Day,” Mokhtari said.

Knott said the university is happy to play a critical role in supporting the debate and the education of voters throughout Los Angeles.

“Providing this platform for both candidates to answer the important questions aligns with our commitment to serving local voters,” Knott said. “We are pleased to host the debate and to continue to connect USC to the surrounding community,”

1. Carlton Crabbe
    Carlton Crabbe says:

Excellent post. I was checking constantly this weblog and I’m impressed! Extremely helpful information specifically the remaining section :) I take care of such info much. I was looking for this particular information for a long time. Thanks and best of luck.