Former Dornsife professor added to FBI Wanted list

Former USC professor Walter Lee Williams was named the 500th person on the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Most Wanted List on Monday.

On the run · The FBI named former ’SC professor Walter Lee Williams to its Most Wanted List Monday. - Photo Courtesy of Livefully

On the run · The FBI named former ’SC professor Walter Lee Williams to its Most Wanted List Monday. – Photo Courtesy of Livefully

According to the FBI, Williams is wanted for engaging in sexual acts with children, specifically boys between the ages of 14 and 17.

“Because of [Williams’] status, he has the means and access to children, and that’s what makes him dangerous,” Special Agent Jeff Yesensky said in a video posted to the FBI’s Most Wanted website.

Williams traveled extensively, and many of his victims are said to be citizens of third-world countries. USC previously listed Williams as an expert on Belize, Cambodia, China, Laos, Malaysia and Mexico. He held appointments in the anthropology, gender studies and history departments. USC verified that Williams left the university in 2011.

In addition, Williams started the Gay and Lesbian Review in 1996 and worked to build the ONE Institute’s archives. During his time at USC, Williams served as an adviser for several student organizations, including the Lambda Grads, Shades of Troy and the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender Assembly.

USC released a statement on Monday: “USC is fully cooperating with the FBI investigation. The FBI has informed us that at this time there is no evidence that any of his alleged illegal activities were associated with the university or took place on campus.”

A $100,000 reward is being offered for information leading to Williams’ arrest. Those with information should call 1-800-CALL-FBI or visit the FBI’s website.

1. carolineredbrook
    carolineredbrook says:

Now let’s hope the FBI captures other accused pedophiles like Sylvain Kustyan who is a fugitive from the law. Kustyan, has been formally charged with two counts each of 1st Degree Sodomy and Sexual Abuse of a ten-year-old little boy, but fled the US to avoid imminent arrest. Kustyan, formerly of Tuscaloosa, Alabama and Hermin/ Mazingarbe, France, is thought to be in Europe. Kustyan, as a teacher led numerous groups of school children to the UK, Ireland and the US. Since the average pedophile has 300 different victims in their lifetime and the recidivism rate among pedophiles is virtually 100%, they must be stopped ASAP!