Five things to do in L.A. during Spring Break

Staying in L.A. during spring break and afraid you’ll be stuck in your dorm or apartment all week binge-watching a new show? While you could do that, here are some other options that’ll get you outside.

1. Odds are you’re staying at school because flying home is too expensive. If that’s the case, rent a zip car and just drive around. Take the 10 to Santa Monica or the 101 to Hollywood! There’s nothing like actually driving on the freeways. Taking an Uber or public transportation just doesn’t compare to being behind the wheel.

1. Ask a friend from the area if you could accompany him or her home for a couple days. There’s a good chance they’d love to host you and show you around their hometown.

3. Get a head start on your spring break by checking out ArtNight Pasadena, a biannual art celebration, on Friday March 13. Many places including the Pasadena Museum of California Art and the Pacific Asia Museum are opening its doors to visitors for FREE. An added bonus: all the food trucks that’ll be present like Kogi and Crepe’n Around. More information can be found at: http://artnightpasadena.org.

1. Go to a concert! Walk the Moon is playing at the House of Blues on March 13 and David Guetta will be at the Hollywood Palladium on March 20. If you don’t have anyone to go with, try going alone. Some people say there’s no experience like going to a concert alone, so why not give it a try?

1. Take a trip to a Silver Lake or Larchmont coffee shop and get ahead with your schoolwork. There are a lot of hip places in those areas that are worth checking out like Bricks & Scones and Intelligentsia Coffee, which will make you feel a little bit better about doing homework during spring break.