Delicious brunch cuisine found throughout L.A.

Brunch, especially on Sundays, has and continues to be a major staple in Los Angeles culture. There is no better way to decompress after a long week of school than heading out to a modern bistro in L.A. for brunch. Combining breakfast staples like eggs and sweets with the savory dishes of lunch, brunch is nothing short of perfection.

Faith & Flower

This beautifully contemporary restaurant is perfect for a morning adventure into downtown L.A. Located in the WaterMarke Tower in DTLA’s South Park district, Faith & Flower has amazing arugula and chicory salads and deviled eggs made with kimchi and Korean chili, available which are an excellent way to start the day.  For heavier fare, try their sole or hen breast. This restaurant focuses on the juxtaposition between modern day and the roaring ’20s with their decorations and ingredients. Their new and unique flavors give the classic menu items a modern flair. The cocktail menu celebrates the drinking culture of the ’20s and pairs perfectly with the inventive cuisine of executive chef Michael Hung. Massive chandeliers, mirrors and antique silverware make for an excellent dining experience.

LA Chapter

With the classic black and white tiled floor and quaint wooden tables, this spot is perfect for a brunch Instagram. Located in the Ace Hotel in DTLA, this restaurant features locally-sourced produce and uses European inspirations to create an innovative menu. The menu has odd ingredient pairings, such as duck and hazelnut and a burger with pineapple and an egg on top, that are truly amazing and thoughtful, and not to mention delicious. It has an all-day menu with items like the avocado toast, ricotta pancakes and a Moroccan scramble made with sausage, avocado, cilantro and chickpeas served on a flatbread. This restaurant is perfectly designed for brunching with friends.

Gracias Madre

This vegan restaurant has various Mexican and local influences. Head chef Chandra Gilbert uses all locally-grown, organic ingredients. The restaurant itself is absolutely adorable and has an outdoor patio with beautiful greenery, modern seating and a fireplace — an elegant rarity in L.A. and a great photo op. The brunch menu features many refreshing morning cocktails and smoothies along with a tofu scramble, plantain French toast and a breakfast torta. This vegan Mexican restaurant is extremely popular, and rightfully so. Cooking Mexican food with plant-based ingredients is extremely hard, but Gracias Madre has excelled at it.

Republique

The building was built in 1928 by the late Charlie Chaplin and architect, Roy Sheldon Price, and is surrounded by a tiled courtyard. With classic ironwork, beautiful stonework and an open concept, this place is perfect for brunch. The modern French cuisine and large communal tables are great for brunching with friends. Brunch is available Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Their fresh lemonade and morning cocktails are perfect pairings with features like Ricotta toast, Belgian waffles and shakshouka, a dish of eggs poached in a sauce of tomatoes, chili peppers and onions, often spiced with cumin. After brunch, stop by the bakery and bring some treats back home.

Terrine

This spectacular restaurant plates their dishes so thoughtfully, even just a photo will make all Instagram followers jealous. Their brunch menu features both savory and sweet options. Some highlights are the Croque-Madame — toasted ham and cheese sandwich topped with a fried egg, foie gras — fattened liver of duck or goose, and the Terrine Benedict — crispy veal tongue, chive hollandaise, spinach and a housemade english muffin. The head chef, Kris Morningstar, has won the GQ Magazine Dish of the Year award. He creates innovative French dishes in an absolutely beautiful setting. The dining room is decorated with stunning antique appointments and is complemented by the lovely patio that surrounds an old tree.

While these five brunch finds are unbelievably extraordinary, there are endless possibilities in L.A. This list is only a very small sampling of the hundreds of delicious places in Los Angeles to enjoy brunch. With so many different cuisines, there is a place to satisfy any want from vegan joints to the best bottomless boozy brunch. Post-brunch naps are seriously recommended.