Singer Halsey to perform at Tommy’s Place

USC has inspired and created some of the most influential artists in today’s music industry. From Grammy Award-winning legend Herb Alpert to alternative pop songstress Banks, the University has made a profound influence on the success of many artists, composers and industry executives all around the world.

In collaboration with the Undergraduate Student Government Program Board, Samsung has decided to bring its new Level Music Lab program to the USC campus. The Lab, started in late 2015, has been bringing interactive musical experiences to college campuses across the nation. The Lab will invite Trojans to experience music like never before with the newest pop star in the industry, Halsey. The pop singer rose to fame through the release of her single “Ghost” and has recently garnered more attention following her collaboration with Justin Bieber on “The Feeling.”

The Lab has allowed students across the country to learn more about artists, At the event, Halsey will open up her world to the audience and allow them to discover the inspiration behind her debut album Badlands, as well as the musical influences in her career. The audience will develop some special insight about how the “New Americana” singer made it big after years of posting song covers on YouTube.

Inspired by Samsung LEVEL, a new line of premium audio headphones, the program hopes to provide aspiring artists and music fans with an opportunity to access new technologies and learn about creating music with some of the top performers in the industry. Students attending this intimate event will not only get to hear Halsey’s top hits but will also have the chance to speak with her about the songwriting process and the technicalities of music production.

In the past, the USG Concerts Committee has worked diligently to bring some of the top music acts in the world to perform for the student body. Musicians such as Miguel, Cashmere Cat and Walk the Moon have all had the opportunity to perform in McCarthy Quad for Welcome Week and Conquest events. However, Halsey’s appearance at USC will be unparalleled to any performance that students have seen.

The Samsung Level Music Lab with Halsey will take place at 3 p.m. Friday at Tommy’s Place.