Neuheisal ‘ticked off’ at Carroll over vote

When USC and UCLA face off at the Coliseum on Nov. 28, there will be more than a few storylines to watch.

Objection · Carroll was the only Pac-10 coach to vote no. - Brandon Hui | Summer Trojan

Add one more to the list: UCLA head coach Rick Neuheisel is “ticked off” at USC’s Pete Carroll.

The L.A. Times reported Tuesday that Carroll had voted against having coaches’ children under 18 on the sidelines of Pac-10 games, making him the only voice of dissent in a 9-1 vote.

This apparently upset Neuheisel, who has three sons between the ages of 12 and 17 that are reportedly big Bruin fans.

According to the Times, he told boosters last month in Westlake Village, Calif., that he was “ticked off” at Carroll as a result. In the video — available for viewing on the UCLA YouTube channel — Neuheisel added that he hoped: “We’re gonna walk out of this room tonight, ladies and gentlemen, ticked off at Pete Carroll, ticked off at all that is ‘SC, and we’re gonna get after their ass, alright?”

This may simply be a case of what’s best for each of the coaches, as Carroll’s kids — USC assistant coach Brennan, 27-year-old former Women of Troy volleyball player Jaime, and current USC undergraduate Nathan — are all over the age of 18.