Henderson reconsidering options

On national signing day, the news that Seantrel Henderson was committing to play for USC skyrocketed the Trojans’ class ranking around the country.

Later that night, however, it became clear that Henderson would be putting off his decision until after he was completely aware of any sanctions that could surround the USC football program.

Now it looks like Henderson is back on the market.

In an interview with St. Paul’s ABC affiliate KSTP-TV’s Joe Schmidt, Henderson admitted that any sanctions that the NCAA could hand down would have a huge impact on his decision as to whether he will become a Trojan.

“Yeah, I think [sanctions] would [have an impact],” Henderson told Schmidt on Sunday night. “But at the same time, I would have to, you know, talk to the coaches to see exactly what’s going on… Because that’s the school I would like to go to, but then at the same time I just can’t walk into anything that’s going to, like, make my future, you know, not as good as it could be.”

When he was first being recruited, Henderson said he considered USC along with national powerhouses Miami (Fla.), Florida, Notre Dame, Ohio State and Minnesota among others. All of those schools are now likely back in the running for one of the nation’s most prized recruits.

A closed-door hearing is scheduled for later this month during which time the USC football program could receive sanctions from the NCAA stemming from the possible infractions surrounding former Trojan running back Reggie Bush.

Henderson is said to be waiting on the results of the hearings to make his decision final, but it is unlikely that the results will be official before the signing deadline of April 1.