For the love of the game

Some pictures might say a thousand words, but a truly great photo is indescribable. This is true of many images showing at the Annenberg Space for Photography’s Sport exhibit located in Century Park.

World famous sports photographers, Walter Iooss and Neil Leifer combined their best photos to create one of the most epic and timeless sports-photography exhibits ever created. These men have captured the most unforgettable and iconic moments in sport history from Michael Jordon’s muscular dunk to Muhammad Ali’s final punch to a Tiger Woods’ victory celebration.

Leifer, at age 16, captured the Baltimore Colt’s final touchdown of 1958’s NFL Championship game. His picture, displayed in the exhibit, cemented this moment into history, making it accessible for everyone forever. Every picture breathtakingly draws the viewer into not only the power of these athletes, but also the pain and the joy of every moment in sports history that is worth reliving.

Good news, too — the exhibit has been extended. Though it will be closing on its scheduled end date of March 17 because of the popularity the exhibit — which went up in November — will reopen indefinitely on March 27.

You do not have to be a die-hard sports fan to appreciate the impressive magnitude of these pictures. With Annenberg, Sports Illustrated and two of the most prominent sports photographers converging in one art space, Sport is definitely an exhibit worth seeing.

Annenberg Space for Photography

Century Park

2000 Avenue of the Stars, #10

Los Angeles, CA 90067.

Hours: Wednesday to Sunday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.