USC School of Pharmacy recognized at APhA Annual Meeting & Exposition

The American Pharmacists Association awarded the USC School of Pharmacy a number of awards at its Annual Meeting & Exposition in Washington, D.C. earlier this month.

More than 50 USC graduate students studying pharmacy traveled to the conference, which included lectures and presentations by pharmaceutical professionals in addition to award ceremonies.

USC’s Camille Pacis and Aubrey Moreau took home the National Operation Diabetes Award. As project directors of Operation Diabetes, they were recognized for their work in the 2nd Annual Diabetes Month Health Fair and the project’s continued dedication to diabetes counseling and awareness.

APhA’s Charters Helping Advocate For Needy Communities Everywhere (CHANCE) Award, a $2,000 grant for proposals in the field of pharmaceutical delivery services, was given to Jennifer Fu and Phuong Ho.

In addition to these two awards, USC also claimed a top 10 ranking in the PharmFlix National Video Competition. The competition involved creating a short video explaining how the APhA is integral to the profession of pharmacy.

USC project directors Michael Harvey and Justin Yee also won Operation Immunization’s regional award, which provides immunization education in addition to physical vaccines.

A national project chapter award was granted to USC’s Rho Chi for distinctions in mental health and sleep disorder research and outreach.

Finally, adviser Michael Wincor, associate professor and associate dean at the School of Pharmacy was named national faculty adviser of the year.