Thanksgiving to-dos, Los Angeles style

In the next few days, turkeys will be bought, cranberry sauce refrigerated and pilgrim hats will abound.

But there is much more to the holiday than simply sitting down and seeing how much food your stomach can take.

From ice skating to comedy, it’s time to make the best of your short break from school.

Get Back

Beatles fans rejoiced when Apple delivered the news that the fab four’s hits are now on iTunes. To continue the celebration and encourage even more fanaticism, head over to the Grove of Anaheim for a special show called The Fab Four: The Ultimate Tribute.

The show will take place on Friday at 8 p.m. and tickets are available on ticketmaster.com

They’ve got the magic

If you’re more into modern music and, more specifically a Weezer fan, then you’re in luck. The band will head over to the Gibson Ampitheatre at Universal CityWalk on Friday at 8:15 p.m.

The show will be a part of its Memories Tour. Tickets are available on ticketmaster.com

Atreyu

For something a little more in the heavy rock arena, pay a visit to the upcoming Atreyu show for a healthy dose of heavy metal. The band will head to House of Blues Sunset Strip in West Hollywood on Saturday for a show.

The madness starts at 6 p.m. but show up early to get a good spot in the general seating arena. Tickets are available at ticketmaster.com

Here we go again, again

There might or might not be treadmills involved, but the boys of OK Go are definitely planning to include 3-D glasses.

You can stay close to home and head to Club Nokia for the show on Saturday at 9 p.m. Tickets are available on ticketmaster.com.

Laugh machine

If the music scene is not exactly what you are looking for, how about a comedy show? For some laughs, head to the Grove of Anaheim for a show from Eddie Griffin, a comedian and actor who has starred in various movies since the 90s including Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo. On Saturday, the comedian will start off his show at 8:30 p.m. and you can get your tickets on ticketmaster.com

Carve up the ice

Welcome the Christmas season with the classic fun of ice skating. Pershing Square in Downtown Los Angeles will be open daily until December for you to hone your ice-skating skills or just have fun falling on some frozen ice.

Not only is it close to campus, but admission is only $6 with a $2 fee for the rental of skates. The rink is open Monday to Thursday from 12 p.m. to 10 p.m. and Friday to Sunday from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.

There will also be musical performances, with a INXS tribute band, INXS-IVE performing on Friday and a swing dance group called Jumpin’ Joz Band making an appearance on Sunday.

Dine at sea

For those looking for something upscale, and don’t mind paying for it, The Queen Mary is offering a Champagne Brunch on Thursday. From 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., you can indulge in all that Queen Mary restaurants have to offer.

The menu ranges from an omelette station to a seafood station and everything in between. Also included are a carving station that boasts a honey ham glazed with bourbon and a holiday station with traditional roast turkey embellished with giblet gravy, cranberrry apple relish and much more.

At the steep price of $49.95 per person, the brunch is perfect for a special occasion.

Dine on land

For something a little closer to campus but still fine dining, check out Nick and Stef’s Steakhouse LA on South Hope Street in Downtown Los Angeles.

The menu includes the classic staples of roast turkey, mashed potatoes and apple pie but also has a few new twists on classics such as raisin stuffing, a cranberry and orange marmalade, and candied squash.

The feast goes from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. and is $32 for adults, and $15.95 for children under 12.

Television Guide:

If you’re staying in and relaxing, here’s some shows you can watch to get you in the Thanksgiving mood.

Get historical

For all you history buffs or just for whoever is curious, the History Channel will present The Real Story of Thanksgiving. You can catch it on Wednesday at 8 p.m. and midnight and on Thursday 11 p.m.

The show will cover the history and also talk about the growth of the Thanksgiving tradition and, of course, the food.

Get traditional

To keep up the Thanksgiving tradition, you can wake up early and watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade on NBC Thursday at 9 a.m. Celebrities joining the festivities include Kylie Minogue, Sesame Street Muppets and Kanye West.