Introducing Cary Brothers

They always say it’s good to have friends in high places and for singer songwriter Cary Brothers, it has definitely played in his favor.

Brothers’ college friend, Zach Braff, put his song “Blue Eyes” in his movie Garden State. The critically acclaimed soundtrack then earned them a Grammy and “Blue Eyes” went platinum.

Cary Brothers. Creative Commons

Soon thereafter, Brothers subsequently landed over thirty film and television spots as well as several appearances on notable talk shows. Since the start of his career, Brothers has called Los Angeles home and is very active in the local music community.  He often performs at the infamous Hotel Café, the second home for rising singer songwriters like himself.

His sound can be best described as indie rock with a tinge of pop, with heavy beats, melodic guitar riffs, angst-ridden lyrics,  yet incredibly catchy. To date, he has two full-length studio albums.

His first album “Who You Are,” produced by the label Bluehammock, is often described as a soundtrack to people’s lives, full of highs, lows, emotional distress and little victories.

His second album “Under Control,” released independently last year, is fresh but true to Brothers’ sound. Although still quite heavy, there is a more acoustic and raw sound to the songs.

My Top Picks: “Blue Eyes,” “Loneliest Girl in the World,” “Ride,”  “Alien,” “Ghost Town” and “Something About You.”