Red Riding Hood’s full trailer reveals more about plot

The full trailer for Red Riding Hood shows a hip, new take on the old, classic folk tale. Due in theaters March 11th, the mythical thriller stars Amanda Seyfried, Lukas Haas, Gary Oldman and Julie Christie.

The trailer features a suspenseful and eerie opening of crinkling leaves, suspicious stares along with the wide-eye and innocent Valerie (Seyfried) saying, “The Wolf.”  As the conflict, chases, and famed werewolf hunter Father Solomon’s (Oldman) threats rise, so does the rush of techno music.

From the trailer, the movie seems to revolve around two stories, the first of which is a love triangle, where the beautiful Valerie must choose between the mysterious and hunky, orphan woodcutter, Peter (Fernandez) or the safe and wealthy Henry (Irons).

Second is a vicious and dangerous werewolf that seems to have a strange connection to Valerie.  Sound familiar?  Although loosely based on the Brothers Grimm’s fairy tale, “Little Red Riding Hood,” this Red Riding Hood is no longer little, but instead seems to veer on the sexy/teen angst/Twilight side.

And no surprise, Red Riding Hood’s director, Catherine Hardwicke, was also the director for the famed blockbuster that had every teen girl (and college student) fighting over either team Edward or team Jacob.

It’s Warner Bros hope that there still are a few who are willing to fight over the werewolf’s supremacy.