Sublime with Rome signs to label Fueled by Ramen

Known for signing up-and-coming alternative rock groups, Fueled By Ramen’s latest addition to the label wasn’t predictable.

After reforming in 2009, Sublime with Rome has officially become a part of the FBR family, which includes bands Panic! at the Disco, Paramore, Travie McCoy, Fun. and many more.

Rome (guitar/vocals) and the founding members of the legendary alternative/ska-punk band, Bud Gaugh (drums) and Eric Wilson (bass), are hoping to release a new album this summer. At the moment, they are recording for the highly-anticipated album at Sonic Ranch in El Paso, Texas.

“We can’t wait for the fans to hear it, and are already planning a world tour to bring it to them live,” said Rome on the band’s website. A North American tour is expected to be announced in the near future as well.

The band doesn’t intend for its new music to come off as replacing the deceased guitarist/vocalist Bradley Nowell. Instead, the band wants to celebrate the past and what is in store for the future.

Fans won’t have to wait too much longer to hear what they’ve been working on. This spring, the first single will be aired on the radio.

Sublime with Rome has also announced that it will be streaming live from the studio this Monday at 6pm. By accessing the stream through the band’s Facebook page, die-hard fans can get an inside look on the progress they have made during the recording process.