Obama visits Los Angeles

President Barack Obama wrapped up his two-day tour through California at a rally in Los Angeles Friday morning.

During his speech at Sony Picture Studios in Culver City, which drew a crowd of approximately 2,500, Obama attempted to rejuvenate the core Democratic base and acknowledged the vital role it played in his 2008 election.

Obama conceded that his administration has not been able to accomplish everything it indented to, but he reassured voters that he is prepared for the 2012 election and worthy of a second term in office.

“We’ve got more work to do…. There are some folks who want to dismantle it,” Obama said. “We have to protect it.”

Prior to the President’s stop in Los Angeles, Obama attended a town hall-style event with Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg at Facebook’s headquarters in Palo Alto and a fundraiser in San Francisco.

The fundraiser was briefly interrupted by protestors who were angered by the administration’s handling of the solider believed to be responsible for handing over thousands of pages of classified and sensitive intelligence information to WikiLeaks.

The President also attended three fundraisers in the greater Los Angeles area. Guests included Steven Spielberg, Gov. Jerry Brown and Tom Hanks.