Dodgers prepare to host USC Night

On Thursday, Sept. 15, the Los Angeles Dodgers will host their semiannual USC Night, featuring a 7:10 p.m. game against the Pittsburgh Pirates. All fans in attendance will receive a cardinal and gold hat with the Dodgers logo, presented by the USC University Hospital.

All events at the game will be USC-themed, from the complimentary baseball caps to the pre-game shows. As a special event, the Commanding Officer of NROTC Los Angeles Consortium at USC, Marine Colonel Alvah E. Ingersoll III, will be honored as Veteran of the Game.

Many USC alumni groups, such as the USC Alumni Club of West Los Angeles and the Alumni Club of San Gabriel Valley, are holding meet-ups during the event. These alumni clubs purchased blocks of seats in the All-You-Can-Eat Pavilion in right field for their members and families. For around $30, USC alumni can partake in unlimited Dodger Dogs, popcorn, soft drinks, nachos and peanuts.

Los Angeles is favored to win the game itself, as the Pirates have slipped in recent rankings. Dodgers center fielder Matt Kemp has had an impressive season so far, and will surely contribute to Thursday night’s game.

The stadium is also hosting a college night for UCLA on Sept. 20.

Tickets to USC Night are still on sale at losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com, ranging from around $10 to upwards of $500. Unfortunately, all alumni group tickets are sold out as of August 31.