Haute Highlights

BOB MARLEY, MESSENGER

Catch reggae fever and peruse the Bob Marley, Messenger exhibit housed on the second floor of the GRAMMY Museum at L.A. Live.

The display focuses on Marley as an inspirational music legend, reaching generations even after his death, but it also sheds light on his private side and spiritual side.  

The walls are plastered in the famous red, green and yellow with a vast assortment of iconic images, his personal guitars, outfits he donned, articles about the legend himself and more. There’s even a huge, larger than life, Rastafarian boom box that immediately catches your eye upon entering the room.

With the proximity of L.A. Live, the rapidly approaching Oct. 2 closing date and the life of one of music’s most fascinating characters at hand, you have no choice but to make a trip down Figueroa Street as soon as you can.

BON IVER

Two words — Justin Vernon.  Not quite sure who this singer-songwriter sensation is? If you’ve ever heard Kanye West’s “Lost in the World,” or better yet “Monster” from the groundbreaking album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, then you’ve experienced the melodic splendor that is Bon Iver.

Only a musical genius could match that of West himself. This perfectly harmonic folk singer will be stopping by The Shrine on Monday, Sept. 19, and at the Gibson Ampitheatre at Universal City Walk Sept. 20.

With heartachingly beautiful lyrics and accompaniment to match, Vernon’s live set is sure to induce an emotive and spiritual experience.

Be sure to keep your ears peeled for “Blood Bank,” “Skinny Love,” “Calgary” and “Flume” as these pieces of musical genius are sure to create a life changing experience. Tickets run between $40 and $50, but you can’t put a price on folk perfection.

FIREWORKS FINALE

The Hollywood Bowl, one of Los Angeles’s most prestigious venues, is hosting a handful of events this weekend. Perhaps most enticing is Saturday’s “A Night at the Moulin Rouge: A Magical Evening in Paris.”

Join spectators from all over Los Angeles and watch as world-renowned conductor Thomas Wilkins transforms the Hollywood Bowl into the City of Lights.

The otherworldly night will feature hits, such as “An American in Paris” and other French-themed gems, played by the celebrated Hollywood Bowl Orchestra; jazzy cabaret pieces by special guest Paris Combo; enthralling dance numbers by special guests from the legendary Moulin Rouge; and dazzling fireworks sure to put a spectacular cap on a priceless night.

You won’t want to miss this opportunity to get transported to a different country, and experience the fruits of French culture. Check Hollywoodbowl.com for ticket information, seating and prices.

THE LION KING 3D

If the stresses of school and extracurriculars are making you want to burst, take your mind off of grown-up responsibilities and revisit your childhood. This weekend The Lion King is premiering at select theatres in RealD 3D.

Viewers will see the timeless story of Simba and friends, reminisce on the carefree lifestyle of Timon and Pumbaa’s “Hakuna Matata” — which sounds really good in the thick of school and midterms — and appreciate the award-winning animation and music, all with revamped effects.

Claim your place in “The Circle of Life” and don’t miss out on the opportunity to get tickets to this limited time offer.

The Lion King 3D premieres this Friday, Sept. 16 and will run in select theatres for two weeks. Check out Disney.com for tickets, and to see what theaters are playing this classic, unforgettable film.