Haute Highlights

ink.

Opened Wednesday night, ink. is Top Chef Michael Voltaggio’s latest culinary experience.  Voltaggio, season six winner of Bravo’s hit show Top Chef, has been making a name for himself with his innovative and chic restaurants.

Voltaggio’s kitchen blends classic ingredients with modern twists and fusions.  The menu is full of creative gastronomic options, such as iberico de bellota pork loin with romesco beans and octopus with popcorn and piquillo peppers.

Vegetarians and vegans also have options with green dishes, such as the mashed potatoes and seaweed and the carrots with nasturtium, yogurt, vadouvan and an edible-spiced soil.

Reservations for ink. are taken online, at its website: mvink.com, up to 30 days in advance.  Located on Melrose Avenue, ink. is open Wednesday through Sunday for dinner, and Voltaggio accepts walk-ins at the bar.

Be sure to check out this unique culinary creation — and who knows, maybe you’ll even see Voltaggio.

Dasariski Business

Dasariski will be performing a long-form, comedy improv routine Friday at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre.

Dasariski, composed of Robert Dassie, Craig Cackowski and Rich Talarico, takes one suggestion from the audience, and instead of doing Whose Line Is It Anyway style comedy, creates a half-hour to hour long piece of theater.  Viewers will appreciate Dasariski for its different approach to comedic performance, avoiding absurd situations and jokes and slapstick, by focusing on real characters and believable relationships.

Though Dasariski’s approach strays from those of normal improv groups, the group’s unique style pays off with long-form genius and entertainment for everybody to enjoy.

To check out Dasariski at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre, make a reservation at losangeles.ucbtheatre.com.  Tickets cost $5 and will go fast, as these seasoned veterans promise a hilarious show.

Folk Art Bike Ride

Craft and Folk Art Museum is sponsoring a unique and cultural look at the landscape of Los Angeles that will premiere Sunday.

As part of the Folk Art Everywhere special urban events series, “Folk Art Bike Ride: In and Around Downtown” will take participants on a ride through the various neighborhoods of Los Angeles, sticking closely to the Metro Gold Line route.

Creative public spaces and special guest speakers scheduled to give detailed descriptions about the local art and urban histories will highlight the event.

The ride will start at Mariachi Plaza, at the Northeast corner of East First Street and South Boyle Avenue, and end near Wurstküche, Los Angeles’ famous purveyor of exotically grilled sausages.  The ride doesn’t cost anything, and is sure to be a didactic and intriguing day on the town.

If you want to take a bite out of Los Angeles culture, send an RSVP request to [email protected].

Arctic Monkeys & TV on the Radio

The Hollywood Bowl season is coming to a close Sunday, but to top off a fantastic season, the Bowl is hosting a quintuple musical extravaganza of unique hot shots and up and comers, all of whom have been circulating the indie scene for quite some time now.

Eccentric opener Panda Bear, also known as Noah Lennox from Animal Collective, folk breakout War Paint and the exciting Smith Westerns, who recently performed at FYF Fest, are bound to kick things off to an interesting start with their experimental beats and enticing, musically provoking sounds.

The rising TV on the Radio will finish off with co-headliners, the energetic Arctic Monkeys, most commonly known for their smash hit “I Bet You Look Good on the Dance Floor” — the result should be heaven in indie form.

Come to the Bowl at 6 p.m., bring a picnic in tow to enjoy under the stars, catch this sensational line up and brace yourself for an exquisitely eclectic night of music.