MTV European Music Awards Nominations

And the nominations for the MTV Europe Music Awards are in! It seems Lady Gaga, the cross-dressing star of last month’s MTV Video Music Awards here in the good old USA, is leading the pack with a whopping six nominatios.

The prestigious international awards ceremony will be held at the Odyssey Arena in Belfast on Nov. 6. Be sure to tune in —MTV is known for putting on quite a show. Plus, they can do things on European television they can’t do here.

Gaga, nominated due to the hit-packed, platinum-selling Born This Way, will be competing for Best Song for “Born This Way,” Best Live Performer, Best Pop Performer, Best Female, Best Video (also for “Born This Way”) and the new category, Biggest Fans.

The retro Bruno Mars and the sweet-but-sticky Katy Perry are tied with four nominations each. Perry’s “Firework” is up for Best Song alongside Mars’ “Grenade.” Rounding out the competitors in the Best Song category are Adele with “Rolling in the Deep,” and Jennifer Lopez with her comeback hit “On the Floor.”

Besides the Biggest Fans category, the EMAs have added Best World Wide Act, which will celebrate artists from all over the world. Fans in Europe will vote for the European winner of World Wide who will then go on to compete for the title against internationally nominated superstars.

The full list of nominees can be found on here.