Found: 8-foot tall Lego man

On Oct. 26, a nightmare-sized version of a children’s toy washed up on a Florida beach — an 8-foot-tall Lego man named Ego Leonard, who apparently wants you to show him your world. 

On his website, translated from Dutch, reads “I am here to discover and learn about your world and thoughts. Show me all the beautiful things that are there to admire and experience in your world. Let’s become friends, share your story with me, take me with you on a journey through beautiful meadows, words, sounds and gestures.”

The site also features photo galleries of Leonard-narrated adventures with people who “befriended” the fiberglass man, as well as the mission behind Leonard’s existence. Leonard desires to be treated like a fellow being, and so wants the authenticity of quality time; hence, his ‘wearing’ a shirt reading “No Real Than You Are.”

There was speculation that Leonard is a publicity stunt put on by the recently-opened Legoland in Orlando, yet a spokeswoman quickly denied it, saying, “I wish we could say we did it, it was a brilliant guerrilla PR stunt.” Unfortunately for the creators of Ego Leonard, his journey to experience the world is on hold; the fiberglass friend is held now in custody in a Florida county jail waiting to be claimed.