Ferrell, Forte defend alma maters as rivalry game approaches

With the USC-UCLA rivalry game fast approaching, the battle is making its way into Hollywood. The film industry is awash with stars from the two schools  — celebrity USC grads include George Lucas, Judd Apatow and Bryan Lourd, while Francis Ford Coppola, Stacey Snider and Jack Black are some of the more well-noted UCLA alums. So, it came as no surprise when Trojan Will Ferrell and Bruin alum Will Forte engaged in some good-old trash talk ahead of the big game.

In an interview to The Hollywood Reporter (THR), Will Forte raised the ire of Trojan fans by saying, “I don’t really associate with USC fans. A certain type of person goes there — they aren’t good people. They’re very entitled, the type of person that will not hold the door for an old woman. They’ll intentionally walk a blind person into traffic. That’s what you’re working with at that school.”

Ferrell, though, responded in kind. The Step Brothers star told THR, “It’s funny  — ever since USC surpassed UCLA in the U.S. News & World Report rankings, there’s been edginess among the Bruin faithful. We have always maintained athletic dominance, and now that we have academic superiority, you just feel sorry for people who have anything to do with UCLA.”