Fall Out Boy reuniting? Not so fast

Rumors about Fall Out Boy planning a show in Lancaster, PA. spread like wild fire throughout the internet last week.

After years of waiting for Fall Out Boy to end its hiatus, hopeful fans are continuing to wait after band members, Pete Wentz and Joe Trohman, confirmed on Twitter that the rumors were false.

Although each member of Fall Out Boy has branched out to work on other projects, the question about whether or not the band will ever make music together again is still up in the air.

In a recent CNN.com interview, Wentz said, “Right now I couldn’t picture playing music with Fall Out Boy or playing Fall Out Boy songs, at all.” He continued on to say that they are tighter now as friends than when they first went on hiatus.

Black Cards, Wentz’ band, split from its vocalist Bebe Rexha at the beginning of this week, but the band plans on releasing a mixtape in the near future.

Wentz is not the only one dealing with change. Trohman announced on his Tumblr that his band, The Damned Things, which Fall Out Boy member Andy Hurley is also in, will most likely not be doing anything in 2012. But while that project is put on hold, another one is being born.

Trohman is starting a new band called With Knives, which will be recording an EP next month.