This Week in Photos: Feb. 13 – Feb. 17

“This Week in Photos” highlights the biggest stories of the week.

Longoria discusses philanthropy, race>>

Philanthropy · Actress Eva Longoria spoke Saturday night at Bovard Auditorium. Longoria showed a clip from her new documentary, highlighting undocumented farm-working children in the United States. - Chris Pham | Daily Trojan

Women of Troy complete a pair of weekend upsets>>

Heavy hitter · Freshman Gabrielle DeSimone (above) won a singles match to help the Women of Troy make up for lost ground. USC upset two top-20 teams en route to making its first semifinals appearance in the ITA National Indoor Championships since the 2003 season. - Chris Roman | Daily Trojan

Coursekit should replace Blackboard>>

"Blackboard is anything but social. For one, it’s practically anonymous: Students are only identified by names and emails. Professors don’t update it often enough. And its multimedia capabilities are limited and difficult to use. Coursekit offers solutions to Blackboard’s problems. These solutions will not only increase the quality of our education, but they will do so through tools that are already familiar to millions of college students." -Max Rubin | Daily Trojan

Fresh & Easy Express to open underneath Gateway>>

Getting fresh · A Fresh & Easy Express, a condensed version of a regular store, opened Wednesday on the Jefferson Boulevard side of University Gateway Apartments. - Mason Khoo | Daily Trojan

Designers present posters in new context>>

Reminiscent · The Costacos brothers’ iconic sports posters encourage viewers to celebrate their childhood as the images feature 1980s and 1990s sports icons, such as Kenny Easley and Karl Malone. - James Violette | Daily Trojan

Candidate alleges online hack occurred>>

Presidental candidate Jared Ginsburg said he plans to file an elections complaint that the official Facebook page for Undergraduate Student Government was hacked during voting for USG elections.- Screenshot courtesy of Jared Ginsburg

Rockpaper Coffee proves to be lackluster>>

Caffeine buzz · Rockpaper Coffee satisfies the hungry customer with its tasty grilled chicken, turkey bacon, egg white and cheese breakfast wrap among other snacks. The coffee, however, is mostly just average. - Jasmine Ako | Daily Trojan

Onion editors address role of satire in media>>

Laugh · At the beginning of the show, Onion head writer Seth Reiss and features editor Joe Garden demonstrate what the audience should do if one of them collapses onstage at a program Thursday sponsored by USC Spectrum. - Matthew Wunderlich | Daily Trojan