Haute Highlights

View Haute Highlights 03-29 in a larger map
Pacific Standard Time

Saturday, March 31

Locations and times vary

Pacific Standard Time has been the dominating force in the art world, and pretty much everywhere for that matter, in recent months. Sadly, the expansive exhibition series is slowly but surely coming to a close.

Though it has been ever-present in our lives, many of us have yet to see any of the 69 exhibitions dispersed across the city.

To give you that one last necessary motivator, Pacific Standard Time is providing free admission to 20 of the remaining exhibitions Saturday, March 31.

Some especially worthwhile exhibitions worth checking out include The J. Paul Getty Museum, Los Angeles County Museum of Art and USC’s Fisher Museum of Art.

Additionally, many of the museums and galleries will hold special programs, such as guided tours and concerts.

That sounds like an incentive if we ever heard one.

Seth and Ed’s Puppet Talk Show

Saturday, March 31 at 10 p.m.

Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre

We grew up with Sesame Street and laughed at the inappropriate humor of Avenue Q — our generation is quite fond of puppets.

So celebrate your puppet love with Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre’s Seth and Ed’s Puppet Talk Show.

The fresh take on talk shows is hosted by Seth Morris of Larry David’s Curb Your Enthusiasm and Ed Helms of The Office and The Hangover. With such comedic genius, among a number of sure-to-be-hilarious guest stars, you’re bound to have a side-splittingly good time. Not to mention, Upright Citizens Brigade Theater is one of Los Angeles’ leading improv theaters.

Mark your calendar: Saturday is sure to be a riot. As for admission, tickets cost $10 and can be purchased on the Upright Citizens Brigade website.

Are you ready to laugh? Of course you are.

Spring Awakening

Arena Stage at Theater of Arts

Every Thursday-Sunday at 8 p.m. until April 22

If the b-tch of living — or just school — is starting to get to you, unwind with a little bit of musical theater. The Tony Award-winning musical Spring Awakening, directed by Kate Sullivan, is currently running at Arena Stage at Theater of Arts and features a young, talented cast of local actors, including a dynamic Matt Vairo in the lead role of Melchior.

The show, adapted from the controversial 1893 play of the same name by Frank Wedekind, follows a group of teenagers as they struggle with the pressures of adolescent life — primarily, sexual frustration. With an acclaimed script and clever, well-crafted songs, Spring Awakening shines as a must-see production.

Robben Ford

Thursday, March 29-Saturday, March 31; shows at 8:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.

Catalina Bar & Grill

Grammy-nominated guitarist Robben Ford has quite the history: He first came to prominence with Miles Davis, the legendary perfectionist jazz trumpeter, and has since cultivated a reputation as one of the finest modern blues guitarists performing today. Ford is also noted for his prolific contributions to other big names: He has worked with George Harrison, Joni Mitchell and Gregg Allman, among others.

Now he’s stopping in Los Angeles for a stint at the Catalina Bar & Grill, and is performing twice each night from Thursday through Saturday. That’s a good thing — though Ford might not be hitting the Top 40 charts anytime soon, his live shows are worth experiencing for any fans of great guitar music.